Friday 23 November 2012

Roll On 2013


I believe there is an element of luck in betting on National Hunt racing and usually I have found that my luck evens itself out over a season. However in 2012 this hasn't happened and yesterday again I experienced further bad luck with my selection Brackloon High, who was continually backed during the day going off the 9/2 2nd favourite falling at the first, having never fallen in his life before. Given that my luck doesn't appear to have evened itself outside during 2012 hopefully the things can only get better for 2013. Anyhow there are six weeks remaining of 2012 and racing goes on with two meetings tomorrow at Haydock and Ascot and one selection at Haydock.

Haydock 12.55 Double Ross 0.5PT E/W @6/1 Stan James (4/1F Made all till a bad mistake at the last and run out of frame on run in)
Double Ross was a beaten blog selection in a novice chase over fences earlier in the season and I was at Cheltenham last weekend when he returned to hurdles and made all for a very impressive victory. He carries a 7lb penalty tomorrow but I doubt this will stop him given the manner of his victory last week and in particular his fast accurate jumping. I expect Double Ross to jump off and try and make all again tomorrow, however given my current luck I'm going each way as I am wary that there was over a furlong run in from the last to the finish line today and I'd hate to be caught on the run in.

P&L for 2012 -8.86

No comments:

Post a Comment