Sunday 2 September 2012

Quiet Sunday

A quiet start to the month with no selections today at Newton Abbot as the course has been waterlogged for the past few days and although the ground is soft/heavy in places it is unclear how it will ride. Recent selection Quaddick Lake runs again today but with stable having two runners and Nick Schofield choosing to partner hat trick seeking favourite On The Bridge I cannot put him up as a selection.

Yesterday I was planning to put up Quinder Spring as a selection at Market Rasen as I thought he had won very comfortably at Cartmel but when I saw the handicapper had hiked him up 12lbs I thought it was too much and decided against the bet. I was proved correct and despite him being backed in from 3/1 to 5/4F he was unable to defy the increase in weight and was beaten into 2nd.

Despite hitting the frame with all selections last month, which shows my form is good, I only showed just a small profit and I am still showing a year to date loss,(Results page has been updated) but feel confident I will turn it round in the next 4 months particularly when the National Hunt season gets in full swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment