Thursday 12 January 2012

Winners To Flow Again?

No selection for the past few days as racing hasn’t been too great and I’ve been paper selecting in various races to prove I can still pick winners. Yesterday was good for the confidence with 5 selections and 4 winners (7/2, 7/4, 5/1 and 8/1) but not for the pocket as there was no money on them. Saturday’s selection Prospect Wells was typical of the current run – well backed and running poorly. On to today with two meeting as Catterick and Fontwell with one selection coming at Fontwell.
P&L at advised prices since 24/8 +17.42 2012= -3.0

Fontwell 3.05 Jenny’s Gold 1/2PT E/W @9/1 William Hill 4th (16/1)
Jenny’s Gold caught my eye a few weeks ago at Plumpton when being backed throughout the day for a 3 mile plus handicap hurdle.  Having backed the horse a couple of years ago when she won a bumper at Towcester I took more of an interest in her run and feel this drop back in trip today will see her go very close. During the Plumpton race she was held up at the back for the first mile and then jockey made a strange mid race move rapidly moving her from last to the leading group. Before three out she was travelling strongly and I was wishing I had been on, but from three out she faded eventually finishing 6th. My view was she didn’t stay the extended 3 mile trip and the mid race exertions wouldn’t have helped. Today she runs off a 2lb lower mark over half a mile less and if ridden with restraint should go very close. She was available at 12/1 with VC last night but unfortunately they’ve closed my account so I couldn’t get on.Considering drift in the market was never going to win and never looked like getting placed from the home turn and plugged on the gain 4th after the last. Disappointing effort, although I still think there is a race in her.

No comments:

Post a Comment