Wednesday 2 November 2011

There are two meetings tomorrow at Musselburgh and Towcester. Not the highest quality cards but there is one horse which stood out when I had a quick glance at the cards earlier this evening and I notice it has been backed with a number of firms.
P&L at advised prices since 24/8 +9.97

Musselburgh  1.00 1/2PT E/W Alfie Flits @7/1 Boylesports Unplcd (9/1)
When I had a quick glance at this race I thought Alfie Flits at somewhere near his best would be a class above these and my initial thoughts seem to be vindicated as he has already been backed with one or two firms already. A formally useful novice hurdler he spent last season novice chasing and never really looked a natural, but if we go back to his hurdle form of two seasons ago he was competitive in class 2 hurdles off a stone more than his rating tomorrow. The Alan Swinbank stable are in reasonable form and at the price available I am prepared to support my initial thoughts. (Alarming drift from 5/1 to 9/1 and then Racing UK confirmed the horse looked in need of the run and ran accordingly)

No comments:

Post a Comment