Sunday 23 October 2011

Yesterday was another winning day with Magnifique Etoile being heavily backed into 4/9F, although I have to admit that his jumping throughout the race had me so worried that as an insurance I layed my stake back in running on Betfair at 1.05 going to the second just in case he tipped up. Thankfully he didn’t but his jumping will need to improve as he progresses through the novice ranks. Sadly Shoreacres was a non runner not sure of the reason why but I do know from his tweets that his trainer Brendan Powell was at Aintree. Two meetings today at Aintree and Wincanton and there is one selection at Aintree.
P&L at advised prices since 24/8 +12.64 

Aintree 3.10 1/2PT E/W Storm Brig @8/1Boylesports Pulled Up (5/1)
This is a competitive event but I am taking a chance with the unexposed Storm Brig who makes his handicap hurdle debut today. Storm Brig caught my eye on a number of runs last season. A winner of two bumpers and two novice hurdles Storm Brig ran a reasonable race in a grade 2 novice hurdle here in April. The step up to 3miles should be a plus and although the stable is not in fantastic form they had a fourth in handicap hurdle here yesterday. Alistair Whillans, the Trainer of STORM BRIG, reported that the gelding was pulled up lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment