Wednesday 12 October 2011

Wednesday 12th October

Excellent result today with Ostland jumping his rivals into submission and winning by no less than 48 lengths for the bang in form Charlie Longsdon yard.  As I mentioned in my write up I didn’t think the handicapper had caught up with him and it was nice to be proved right, but I’m sure the handicapper will now get his revenge so I doubt I’ll be backing Ostland again in the near future. On to today and one meeting at Wetherby and there is one selection.
P&L at advised prices since 24/8 +7.10

Wetherby 3.55 1/2PT E/W Persian Gates@7/1 -Winner 9/2
Chris Bealby has got his string in good form at the moment and I was very impressed with the way Persian Gates won at Market Rasen just over a fornight ago. What was particularly impressive was his fast accurate jumping and the handicapper has responded by putting him up 10lbs.I actually thought he would get a few lbs more. This is a much more competitive event than at Market Rasen but the manner in which he won, coming from a stable in form and the fact he has fitness on his side are all positives that have made me consider an each-way bet at the price on offer. In addition the trainer tweeted last night “Education day at Huntingdon today, hoping to trouble the judge a bit more tomorrow at Wetherby, 3 runners all with a squeak”  Always travelling well off the pace, went on 3 out. Very comfortable winner with fitness and current stable form a huge advantage 

No comments:

Post a Comment