Friday 14 October 2011

Friday 14th October

No bet yesterday and given the results I’m glad I took the day off.  I’m off to Cheltenham today for the two day Open fixture, but I have to say the card tomorrow is pretty disappointing due to the good to firm ground. Having been through the card I have found one selection.
P&L at advised prices since 24/8 +9.81

Cheltenham 5.05  1/2PT E/W Damman@12/1 with Boylesports

I don’t usually play in Amateur riders handicap chases but today I’m going make an exception and take a chance with Damman at the price available, who I saw running at Stratford in the novice hunter chase final in May. Having won his previous hunter chase at Cheltenham he was well backed that night but the tight Stratford track clearly didn’t suit him and was under pressure and struggling with over a circuit to go. To his credit he battled really well and ending up running on again to take third. The return to a more galloping track like Cheltenham, the fact he has form on quick ground together with the desire for his trainer Fergal O’Brien (having spent the past 19 years as Head Lad at the hugely successful Nigel Twiston-Davies yard) to make an impact with his first runners at his local track all add up to me expecting a big run. 

1 comment: